Among the 210 members of the Russian political and economic elite, referred to in the so-called “Kremlin report” of the U.S. Treasury, was Chairman of the Council for civil society development and human rights, presidential adviser Mikhail Fedotov. The human rights activist has shared to us their emotions and thoughts on the matter.
– Mikhail Aleksandrovich, you were surprised to see your name in the “Kremlin report”?
– Of course, surprised.
You can see for yourself in this logic?
– See. This is the logic of the phone book. They took the telephone directory of the presidential Administration and was discharged from the names of all assistants and advisers to the President. More there is no logic here.
– Specific actions on the defendants, “the Kremlin list” – excluding those already under sanctions – yet to be announced. But implied. Are you ready for such a development? How big a blow it would you show?
– If I had an American visa and I would have it cancelled, I probably would have been a shame. But I don’t have it. No green card, no foreign accounts or foreign real estate… Perhaps the only thing they can against me to do is to stop to shake hands at diplomatic receptions.
But if the initiative of Americans will pick up their allies, your travels are likely to be limited.
– In General, of course, stupidity is contagious. But I hope that other countries will be wise enough not to do it.
– In General, the feeling is still not pleasant?
– I would say that it’s a shame for Americans. It is a pity that people do stupid things.
– In fairness, the plan is not so stupid: the us authorities clearly intended to cause discontent of the Russian establishment policy of the President and ultimately the split of the elite. There are, however, different opinions about the effectiveness of such tactics. What is your point?
Well, from the fact that this list included aides and advisers to the President, the elite division will not happen.
– There are many who are included.
– The inclusion of other people I will not comment. Talk about myself. In my opinion, it’s just another “gesture of bad faith”.
– That is, your behavior this kind of threat will not be affected?
– No, absolutely not. In any direction.
Sanctions. Chronicle of events
Get short formal newsletter the best in the “MK” – subscribe to our Telegram.