The Ministry of defence of the Russian Federation issued on Thursday morning a press release which reported that the militants in Syria is really attacked the base Hamim 31 December with mortars. Among Russians there are victims. While data on the destruction of seven planes, VKS RF, which were previously announced in the media, the Russian defense Ministry rejects.
The frame of the TV company “Zvezda”.
One of the most serious incidents during the presence of videoconferencing in Syria, said Thursday the Department of information and mass communications of the Ministry of defence of the Russian Federation. We are talking about pre-planned large-scale attack of militants in Syria to the Russian base Hamim. The attack was made on 31 December with the onset of night time.
“Message “Kommersant” about the allegedly actual destruction of seven Russian military aircraft at the air base, “Hamim” – fake,” – said in a press release.
Previously, “Kommersant”, citing a source reported that radical Islamists with mortars destroyed four bombers su-24, two su-35S and one transport ship An-72 on the base Hamim. With ten Russian servicemen were allegedly wounded. To read more about this in the material: media: Dec 31, VKS RF lost in Syria seven cars.
It is worth noting that on the eve of the Ministry of defense also confirmed media reports that December 31, there was another emergency in Syria – in the province of Hama crashed Mi-24 helicopter, killing major Artem Kulish and the second member of the crew Matveev, and was wounded borteknik. Read: defense Ministry confirmed the death in Syria two pilots 31 December