photo: Gennady Cherkasov
The Ukrainian government decided not to introduce a visa regime with Russia. But I plan in the near future significantly complicate the procedure for crossing the border between the two countries. As reported in open sources, and now the Russians to enter in the Square need a biometric passport for a month before you travel to the website of the foreign Ministry of Ukraine is required to complete a detailed electronic questionnaire. And then I’ll be patiently waiting, will you give the green light to visit a neighboring state.And to complete the questionnaire is in Ukrainian or English. The great and mighty Russian language here (there) is not authority.
The situation we are asked to comment on Deputy Director of the Institute of CIS countries Vladimir Zharikhin:
– I think that these limitations did not affect a fair portion of our society. Namely, those who are already in the Square became persona non grata. As in Kiev very freely hang these labels on the Russians, already under the ban get people very far from politics. Well, now, it’s a new system, perhaps even comfortable. May be refused entry here than when crossing the border.
As for ordinary citizens, who travel from Russia to Ukraine to visit, to relatives or on business, the new rules will seriously complicate their lives. Calms a moment. Still the Russians going to Ukraine is far less than Ukrainians to Russia. Our Crimea, and there during the summer season was previously off the main tourist flow of the Russians.
– Do you think that Russia will respond adequately to the neighboring state, symmetrically?
– I will impose the same restrictions with biometric passports, etc. Thus, the majority of affected citizens of Ukraine. After all, many in search of work go to Moscow and to other cities. But it seems that the reduction of the troops included in the plans of Kiev. Ukrainian media paint a negative image of Russia. Those who come to us, understand it, and Kiev is not interested that his fellow citizens knew the truth..
– In General there is an exchange of tourists in the CIS?
– Among the CIS countries the same treatment we have with Turkmenistan. And unilaterally – with Georgia. Tbilisi Russians canceled a visa to enter their country, we have such a back step has not made. With other countries of post-Soviet republics retained the normal rules of entry — apart from the Baltic republics.
– New restrictions on Ukraine — company system for further separation of our peoples,- said the head of the Institute for peacebuilding initiatives and conflictology Denis Denisov.- In this case, “to disentangle” political protivostoyanie must be citizens of Ukraine. Exact figures on tourist, so to say, flows between our countries. But we know that as labour migrants in Russia, who had entered internal passports, work 2.5-3 million citizens of Ukraine. Those who may lose a piece of bread. Perhaps there is and working in Ukraine for the Russians, but they are few. Judge for yourself — who will be bad if Russia will introduce adequate measures…
By the way, Denis Olegovich says that he has a biometric passport no.
It can be assumed that the majority of ordinary Russians such passports, and no more. In this document laid the appearance or behavior of the owner. In particular, for identification provides information about iris, a temperature card of the person fingerprinted. In 2017, the registration of this document on the entire territory of Russia of 3,5 thousand roubles for an adult.