Go to ...

The Newspapers

News from Russia

RSS Feed

Monday, October 24, 2016

Russia has offered to terrorists in Aleppo choices: escape or death

Amid the non-stop accusations from the West in the “war crimes”, the Russian defense Ministry announced the cessation of air strikes and the opening of humanitarian corridors in the district of Aleppo, Syria. At the same time in Geneva, Russian military experts involved in the work on the separation of moderate opposition from militants “Dzhebhat EN-Nusra.” Moscow offers terrorists a choice: the flight from Aleppo or death.

On Tuesday, from 10 a.m., was stopped air strikes of Russian air force and Syrian air force in Aleppo. About the decision adopted by the Moscow and Damascus, said the Minister of defence of Russia Sergey Shoigu. The defense Minister explained that the cessation of air strikes is needed for introduction October 20, eight-hour “humanitarian pause” in the area of Aleppo.

“The most that pleases me is that the fighters began to shave their beards”

“I appeal to the leadership of countries with influence on armed groups in the Eastern part of Aleppo, to convince their leaders to stop fighting and leave the city,” – said the Minister.

Thus, Russia urges the parties concerned to contribute to the speedy secession of the moderate opposition groups from the extremists of “jabhat al Fatah ash-sham” (the former “dzhebhat an-Nusra”) and similar Islamist groups.

For the six corridors

“The beginning of the “humanitarian pause” Syrian troops would withdraw to a distance, allowing the militants to freely leave Eastern Aleppo with weapons specially created for the two corridors: the first – on the road to Castello, the second – in the area of Souk El-Hai,” – said Shoigu.

Civilians can leave the city along the six corridors.

It is expected that the militants will go towards the city of Idlib, which is controlled by opponents of Bashar al-Assad.

“The most important thing is that you have identified two corridors for these criminals,” – said, commenting on this proposal, the head of the Duma Committee on defense, Colonel-General Vladimir Shamanov. “What makes me happy, he added, is that they began to shave their beards. They are on the right track to stay alive”, he concluded, once again telling the terrorists to “shave”.

Add that to the last moment the Syrian government army continued the onslaught on the militants-controlled areas of Aleppo. So, the day before it was destroyed by the stronghold of the terrorists in the areas of Sheikh Saeed al-Scherf and UWAGA. In early October, President Assad announced the intention to fully liberate Aleppo.

“We will offer the “Nusra” choose one of the two”

Sustainable truce in Aleppo is impossible to achieve without separating the groups of the moderate opposition from terrorists, said Vitaly Churkin. According to the Russian Ambassador, if the Syrian opposition will be separated from “Dzhebhat EN-Nusra”, “it can be endless the cease-fire.”

“But we have seen situations where the “Nusra” immediately took advantage of any ceasefires to regroup and obtain weapons to continue fighting everywhere”, – quoted Churkin, RIA “Novosti”.

According to the Russian Ambassador, in the absence of “an-Nusra” the consequence of the ceasefire should be agreement on a ceasefire between the factions of the moderate opposition and the government, and “there will be no hostilities.”

If you can delimit by opposition groups and terrorists, “we will offer the “Nusra” two choices”. Or fighters to leave Eastern Aleppo (such a proposal previously advanced by the UN special envoy on Syria Staffan de Mistura, but “An-Nusra” while it is not accepted), or the Islamists will be destroyed.

Bring the civilian population and “extras”

“In fact, in Aleppo, there is no “moderate opposition” are long gone, according to my calculations, for about three months. With regard to humanitarian corridors, according to him, we are going to withdraw from the Eastern neighborhoods of Aleppo, the maximum number of civilians and so-called “extras” – that is, people who are fighting today, gone tomorrow, who was in the armed forces by accident, as often happens in a situation of civil war”, – said in comments the newspaper VIEW political scientist, Professor of the Department of integrated communications of HSE Dmitry Evstafiev.

The expert believes, when the Eastern districts of Aleppo, is a division of the government of the Syrian Arab army, the probability of carnage as the civil war in Syria that erupted in 2011, has begun in the Sunni neighborhoods of Aleppo, is a traditional hotbed of opposition.

“So we want the maximum ways to avoid the carnage, bring civilians and extras,” – said the expert.

Evstafiev believes that in the future Russia will continue to bomb as “moderate” and “moderate” in Aleppo, without regard to the United States. Also, according to Evstafiev, the decision Shoigu open at Aleppo humanitarian corridors for dialogue between Russia and the United States does not directly apply. “I don’t see now any signs of trade with the Americans. I think we are already operating in Syria, not looking at them” – the analyst believes.

Landing in Geneva

Note that simultaneously with the announcement of the cessation of air strikes is “offensive” in diplomatic direction. On Tuesday the Minister of defence of Russia Sergey Shoigu said military experts of several countries on Wednesday in Geneva will begin work on division of terrorists and the opposition in Aleppo. A Russian group has already arrived in Switzerland.

According to the Minister of defence of the Russian initiative on the introduction of a “humanitarian pause” in Aleppo October 20, should “contribute to the success of the military experts of several States that begin tomorrow in Geneva.” In addition, Shoigu invited interested in the stabilization in Aleppo not to deal with red tape.

“Too late”?

In Washington, the critically embraced the initiative of Russia to halt the airstrikes. The U.S. state Department spokesman mark Toner, speaking yesterday, said Russia and Syria too late made a decision to start on 20 October humanitarian pause. “We will witness the ongoing suffering of residents in Aleppo”, – said the representative of the state Department.

What made the army of Syria with the help of Russian troops (infographic)However, the continued allegations of mass civilian casualties caused by the Russian aviation do not find actual confirmation.

The British foreign office in response to the request of the Russian Embassy said that London has no evidence of intentional infliction of Russian air force strikes on civilians in Aleppo, on Tuesday announced in an open letter to the Russian Ambassador to the UK Alexander Yakovenko. He recalled that members of the British Parliament “groundlessly accusing Russia along with the Syrian government, to the deliberate targeting of civilians that the Minister of foreign Affairs of great Britain, Boris Johnson tried to qualify as war crimes”.

Earlier the Russian foreign Ministry stated: the United States did not support Russia’s willingness to declare in this area a new 72-hour “humanitarian pause” in hostilities.

“The United States also opposed the withdrawal of government forces and militants from the road of Castello, although it was stated in our bilateral agreements on 9 September and would open the way for delivery in the Eastern part of Aleppo humanitarian aid”, – said the Russian foreign Ministry.

That the European allies – Britain and France – “the pressure on Russia until will not stop the offensive in Aleppo”, wrote on the eve of the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia. “The regime (Assad) and Russia is not fighting terrorism in Aleppo, and feed off it” – quotes the edition of the Ambassador of France to the UN Francois Delattre.

“In Aleppo will fight for a long time”

The Declaration of a humanitarian pause has the purpose to remove criticism from the West, who is going to blame Russia and the regime of Damascus almost war crimes, says MSU Professor, specialist on the Middle East Vladimir Isaev.

“As a humanitarian corridor is valid, at least for a few days this charge will be removed,” notes the analyst. In addition, this pause until Thursday mitigates the situation in which we can at least to do something on the diplomatic front, he added.

West is likely to continue to accuse Russia, while in Iraq’s Mosul could turn around the situation is akin to Aleppo, and then the Western countries “will come under the same definition,” he said.

As for possible exit moderate opposition, “moderate where I, frankly, don’t see and have no idea who they are,” said the source. If the militants lay down their arms, will be placed in reasonable and possible to negotiate with them, if not, they will be destroyed as were destroyed, said the source.

To pay their part of Aleppo, the Syrian opposition, the expert believes. “There will be brawl to go for a long time,” – said Isayev. He recalled that Aleppo is a strategic point, then for Syrian forces with the support of our APU offers direct access to Deir-ez-Zor and Idlib. And from there you can close the border with Turkey, where it all goes. In addition, will open a direct route to Raqqa, “what will be prococom this “Islamic state”, he concluded.

* Organization in respect of which the court accepted entered into legal force decision on liquidation or ban the activities on the grounds stipulated by the Federal law “On countering extremist activity”


Related posts:
Bastrykin will check Browder Magnitsky's murder after complaints of Karpov
Alexander Grushko: NATO Mythology about the "threat in Ukraine" gives explicit failures
Sands of Kokorin and Mamaev, "God will judge them"
The Moscow electoral Commission has finished registration of candidates on elections in the state Du...


Comment Here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More Stories From Politics