3 Oct at the Winery in the “long-suffering” was a seven-hour performance of the Russian-Brazilian artist Fyodor Pavlov-Andreevich. Thus he tried to draw public attention to the problem of labor trafficking in the big cities of Russia.
photo: Gennady Cherkasov
At Winzavod opened the exhibition of his works — seven episodes of suffering, every attempt to break the chain, break the shackles, to Express themselves. Fyodor climbs naked on a tree is with baskets on head, Nude lying on the shore of the ocean among birds. For several years he has lived mostly in Brazil, although the family, mom is a writer and playwright Lyudmila Petrushevskaya, the gallery where he works – all this in Moscow. It is the Brazilian surveillance and pushed to the Fedora performance in Moscow: “When I settled into the Brazilian environment, it became clear to me that the country is fiercely inequality. The rich do not intersect with the poor, only through the window of the car. When we are a big company in Rio de Janeiro, go to dinner, and with us is a black friend — a local filmmaker, the waiter in the cafe first accepts the order, all white and in the least appealing to her. When another friend of mine, black beauty and fashionista, wife of the French Consul in Sao Paulo, takes his child to a private school, the guard at the entrance asked her name and looking for long lists, and then says: “sorry, you’re not here”. She said, “And any lists you are looking for?”. Guard: “the lists of nannies, of course!”.
Fyodor Pavlov Andreevich has repeatedly staged a guerrilla action. One of them was called “the foundling.” Glass box of his naked body was tossed on the most important events in Moscow, London, Venice, são Paulo. Now at the Winery Theodore, dressed in a blue working suit with gray stripes on the uniform of a migrant worker from Central Asia is hung at a height of 20 meters. From there went the flag, painted red. On it is the inscription “Freedom to slaves”.
The artist Fyodor Pavlov-Andreevich, seven-hour performance was struggling with labor slavery (19 photos)
Before you soar to the heavens for hours, Fedor had practiced the lift. He stayed at altitude for about 15 minutes, and when I came down his face was streaming sweat.
– No. I recently Vienna’s Prater climbed the Ferris wheel, then it was scary.
– Your mother knows what you’re doing today?
– No. She doesn’t know about it.
– To do something extreme is the only way to draw attention to an important issue?
– In a situation that has developed in our country, when my friends call arrived from other republics of the people they..mi is the only way. I have a friend who graduated from MGIMO-collecting contemporary art. Her parents are millionaires. Now she recently told me that they…s from the 9th floor spit watermelon seeds, and they fly to her balcony. To change the attitude to equal us people who in no way sinned, except that for peanuts doing jobs that no one in Russia no longer wants to do. Because it’s a dirty job, the work for Les Miserables. And it is important to draw attention to this issue. It’s no big deal, that’s the main thing. Some people want to talk about the rights of children, the disabled and gays. But migrant workers don’t want to say no, and the racial hatred that exists in our country, and earlier manifested by anti-Semitism. Fortunately, the leadership of the country like the Jews, so anti-Semitism doesn’t exist. And we see that the government that can do something in this direction.
A week ago, 6 Tajik guys who came to get money for his work, was shot out of the machine. In September 17 Kyrgyz girls burned alive in the printing. This, too, no one wants to talk. I posted this horrible story on Fecebook. Usually 20, 50, 100, 1000 people are doing reposts of my articles, but this time there were three of them. No one cares about the fact that 17 young and beautiful girls burned in the center of Moscow, because their employer did not care about their protection.
– Why do you have? You are so conscientious?
– No, but that’s not it. I don’t understand politics and think that the artist has a chance to take what no one else cares. Where the silent state and the citizens, should say art, if it can.