A major reshuffle in key positions in the higher echelons of power continue. On Thursday, Vladimir Putin asked the Duma speaker Sergei Naryshkin to hold the position of head of the Foreign intelligence Service. But Fradkov, who headed the SVR, to become Chairman of the Board of Directors of the largest state — owned Russian Railways. We talked to scientists about this “castling”.
photo: Alexander Astafyev
– That the further employment of Sergey Sokolov as SVR mentioned, albeit in passing, not once, – says political scientist Yevgeny Minchenko. – So it’s not a surprise. Well, Fradkov, the former Prime Minister picked a good and honorable position. Still, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of a large Corporation. It is clear that the position does not involve private appearances in office, but at the same time is a watchdog over all that happens. This is a high confidence of the President.
General Director of the Center for political information Alexei Mukhin did not comment in detail the appointment of Fradkov.
– I would not like to dwell on the reasons why it happened.
– You think, therefore Fradkov has retired?
– Retirement — a pension. But, as far as I know, the Chairman of the Board of Directors is more of an Executive position that does not involve active management actions (now the Board of Directors headed by Arkady Dvorkovich and the President of JSC “RZD” is Oleg Belozerov – “MK”).
As for Sergei Naryshkin, it can be said, he returned to his native land. He served in the KGB in the Soviet Union (Naryshkin graduated from the higher school of the KGB – “MK”). And now again decided to return to his office with a troubled political work. I think it’s his own choice.
– Fradkov adequately interpreted everything. I think not just because it says that the transfer of competence will occur in the most friendly environment. Most likely, it will be so, – said political analyst, Director General of the Agency for political and economic communications Dmitry Orlov. – No conflict on this ground will not happen.
Meanwhile, politicians expect to hear on the topic “who will lead the state Duma”. Details read in a material “Volodin will be a speaker, Spring will improve”