Go to ...

The Newspapers

News from Russia

RSS Feed

Friday, October 21, 2016

The accusations against Russia and Syria in the attack on the humanitarian convoy of the UN based on rumors

Anonymous us officials told about allegedly seen in the area of the attack on the humanitarian convoy of the United Nations, Russian su-24. So far, the replication of the rumors did not help to convince neither the UN nor the Red cross. The Russian defense Ministry presented a more specific argument – video, and questioned himself airstrike.

USA claimed to seen the su-24 over raked humanitarian convoy of the United Nations in Syria. Such information given by Reuters, two anonymous us officials who claim that the planes were Russian. The Agency did not disclose the names and positions of the interlocutors. Previously in the attack on the convoy of the accused and also the Syrian air force. Bi-bi-si added that, according to officials, this information was confirmed by the intelligence. We would add that the President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan accused the Syrian government in the attack on the convoy.

“The source may be a mortar, put to fragmentation or homemade rockets that make a band”

The Minister of foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Lavrov has denied these claims: “Our aircraft was not working. Syrian air force could not work, because the attack on the convoy came at night, Syrian air force at this time do not fly, they have no such opportunities, and the attack occurred at a time when humanitarian aid was unloaded already in Eastern Aleppo,” he said.

Recall that the convoy of the UN and the Syrian red Crescent society, consisting of 31 trucks, came under fire on the night of 20 September. The UN noted that the arrival of the column in advance was informed all parties to the conflict. The attack killed at least 20 people, including employees of the Syrian red Crescent, and volunteers.

If yesterday morning a representative of the International Committee of the red cross (ICRC) in Geneva also mentioned the air strike, then later the red cross made a new Declaration – with the mention of the attack on the UN convoy, but no mention of air strikes.

The Russian foreign Ministry had previously denied hasty accusations against Russia. With the help of the broken convoy trying to divert attention away from air strikes on Syrian army, said the Agency. We will remind, last Saturday, the air force of the international coalition led by the United States launched four air strikes on positions of the Syrian army in the province of Deir ez-Zor. Immediately after the air strikes began an offensive IG*.

We add that the UN could not confirm the fact of the airstrike on the convoy.

“A direct consequence of the fire of the goods”

The Russian defense Ministry in his statement, accused the Syrian activists of the volunteer organization “White helmets” (SCD) who reported air strike, in connection with the terrorists. According to the Russian foreign Ministry, the Russian military were aaromalunni, but do not cause bumps.

Earlier on Tuesday the official representative of the Ministry of defense of Russia Igor Konashenkov said that the Russian and Syrian planes did not inflict air strikes on a humanitarian convoy of the UN in the South-West of the Syrian city of Aleppo. “We have carefully studied the video of the so-called activists from the scene and found no signs of hitting the convoy any ammunition. Lacking a funnel, the cars don’t have hull damage and faults structures from the blast wave of aviareps,” – said Konashenkov.

In addition, the defense Ministry of Russia has published the drones made a video recording of the movement of humanitarian convoy of the United Nations on territory controlled by the rebels Aleppo province.

When this was revealed, new details: along with a convoy of terrorists throw a pickup truck with attached mortar of large caliber. The mortar at the destination of the motorcade disappeared, however, it is unclear at whom he was shooting during Parking and unloading. “All demonstrated in the video frames is a direct consequence of the fire load, which is a strange way began simultaneously with the implementation of a large scale militant attack on Aleppo,” the General added.

“There is no evidence”

However, American officials is not the first time claim that Russia allegedly involved in the shelling of the convoy. So, Deputy national security Advisor for US President Ben Rhodes on Wednesday said the U.S. believes the Russian government is responsible for an airstrike.

The version about involvement in the incident or the Russian VKS aviation of the Assad regime” continues to discuss the Pro-Western “moderate opposition”. According to Deutsche Welle, the London-based Syrian Observatory for human rights (SOHR) said that it was an airstrike. The blame for the RAID laid on Damascus or Russia, because neither the Syrian rebels nor the jihadists do not possess air forces.

The representative formed with the participation of Saudi Arabia the Higher Committee on negotiations (CPSU) Syrian opposition Riyad Farid Hijab said that the air strike no doubt. Member of the CPSU was accompanied by a convoy, and allegedly made a “very accurate” photos, allegedly proving the fact.

However, the representative of the Syrian red Crescent society Wael al-Malas admitted: “there is No evidence that the Russian or Syrian aircraft attacked the convoys with humanitarian aid. Everything points to the opposite: they burned and blew up the trucks the militants of the terrorist groups. Noteworthy is also the fact that the incident with the humanitarian convoy coincided with the attack of militants on a Syrian army position in Aleppo. Thus, it is likely to go on provocation, which has already become the buzz of the media, which blamed Damascus and Moscow.”

“The US uses “stuffing” not very healthy”

“The United States rely on some strange evidence. I don’t believe that there are large experts in the field of defense were on the spot and right away determined that this is a Russian su-24. This is ridiculous, – said the newspaper VIEW military expert, chief editor of the magazine “Arsenal Fatherland” Victor murakhovski. – All these messages in social networks, the Internet should be approached with very great caution, it is stuffing not very healthy”. However, as the US is maintained, be seen by a recent case in which Russian citizens sent to American intelligence fake messages about all sorts of trains and military equipment and so forth,” said the source.

Judging by the photos from the place where there was a convoy, aerial bombs or artillery shells do not used, craters are not detected and at the same time, visible shrapnel damage to the cars and shards of broken system of fuel tanks, said murakhovski. “What could be the source, it is difficult to judge. It can be mortar set for fragmentation or homemade rockets that make gangs”, – said the expert, explaining that they are made from gas cylinders, plus screwed a jet engine. Such improvised projectiles fired more Palestinians, attacked from the Gaza strip into Israel reminded murakhovski.

If the specialist is on the spot study of the fragments, the remnants of the rockets or other ammunition could, of course, to determine what exactly was used to destroy the convoy, he concluded.

We are dealing with unsubstantiated gossip

Israeli analyst and former senior Israeli intelligence Yakov Kedmi also not inclined to trust anonymous sources in the Ministry of defense. “If the humanitarian convoy is really fired at a Russian plane, let the Americans provide evidence. What is happening in Syria perfectly controlled from satellites, and to find compelling evidence, if any, not a problem,” – said the expert newspaper VIEW.

At the same time, in his opinion, if the Russian defense Ministry said that aircraft were not, then it knows what he says, and the official West does not take seriously the statements of the Americans. “The statement of an anonymous source in the Pentagon were promotional in nature. Perhaps some journalists will pick up these rumors, but the General course of events in Syria is not affected. None of the official institution in the United States, note, not blamed Russia for the violation. If there was compelling evidence against Russia in the shelling of a humanitarian convoy, formal charges would follow and from the United States and of the United Nations, and reconciliation Commission in Syria,” he said. In his opinion, all that report journalists citing anonymous sources, is not supported by real facts is gossip.

* Organization in respect of which the court accepted entered into legal force decision on liquidation or ban the activities on the grounds stipulated by the Federal law “On countering extremist activity”


Related posts:
"NASA astronauts will be obliged to learn Russian language"
Trump intends to turn America's foreign policy
Tymoshenko revenge on those who were oppressed in the colony
Putin has appointed Oleg Baranov, the head of the Moscow police


More Stories From Politics