Major reform of law enforcement agencies, which in the period until 2018 was announced on Monday several media outlets, and in which there should appear a “long-forgotten old” Ministry of state security, will not bring radical changes in the security forces. Although it may qualitatively change the result if it returns prosecutors in their Supervisory functions. This “MK” said the expert, the General-the major of FSB in the reserve Alexander MIKHAILOV.
photo: Gennady Cherkasov
Recall that it is assumed that the SVR and the FSO can be included in the FSB, and the resulting structure will have the status of Ministry of state security. In addition, clearly refers to the return of the TFR in supervising him, the Prosecutor General’s office.
As told “MK” Alexander Mikhailov, talk about the need to reform power structures have been conducted for several years.
– The creation of a Ministry of state security is in the area of public attention for a very long time. As I recall, the latest information is textually dated 2011. Why is this suddenly popped up today, the mystery, – said Mikhailov.
– Will be the same as it was under the KGB. Then he included 9 management, which was doing essentially what modern FSO – said Mikhailov, noting that “nine” was disbanded in 1991 and converted to a security office in the office of the President of the USSR after its employees took part in the putsch.
Expert “MK” does not exclude that in the society may be a wave of concerns about what already had occasion to observe after the appearance of the same Regardie. Moreover, the MGB may be able to take in their production of the most high profile case or to monitor the investigations, in which formed the materials of the security services.
– Of course, the public can have some analogy, and perhaps to cause a reaction. However, as practice shows, the national anthem of the USSR can be used to red flag. To the acronym, what it will be, also can be used. We must look at it calmly, – said Mikhailov.
– When the investigation was within the Prosecutor’s office, everything was perfect. Today the Prosecutor’s office lacks crucial oversight functions, with the result that we can observe in the consequence of a particular situation bordering on chaos. If the investigation returned to the Prosecutor, I don’t think anyone would mind. This is very true, ‘ said Mikhailov.
– We need to understand that any reform, and especially reform of power structures — the idea is very costly. And requires approval and the approval of the Ministry of Finance, – said Mikhailov.