After two stages of the competition, which will determine the design of the new Russian banknotes determined the ten finalists. The Russians want to see the money including Volgograd, the sculpture “the Motherland calls!” and Sevastopol monument to the scuttled ships.
photo: Gennady Cherkasov
After two stages on design of new denominations of 200 and 2,000 rubles in the lead ten contenders:
A powerful sculpture “the Motherland calls!” on Mamaev Kurgan in Volgograd;
– Lake Baikal and is depicted on the coat of arms of Irkutsk mythical beast babr;
– White Kazan Kremlin and the Volga Federal University in Tatarstan;
– Nizhny Novgorod handsome Kremlin and the famous city fair;
– Petrozavodsk Museum-reserve “Kizhi”;
– A mournful monument to the scuttled ships and Chersonesos in Sevastopol;
– The Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra in Sergiev Posad;
– And the Olympic stadium “Fisht”and the resort “Rosa Khutor” in Sochi.
As the press service of the far Eastern main branch of the Bank of Russia, the final stage of voting will take place September 5: the Russians will have to choose two cities/areas, characters, or attractions which will be depicted on the new banknotes.