Go to ...

The Newspapers

Gathering and spreading news from various Russian Newspapers

The Newspapers on Google+The Newspapers on LinkedInRSS Feed

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

FSB reported on the prevention of the breakthrough of the Ukrainian saboteurs


The largest recent combat incident was recorded on the Russian-Ukrainian border. FSB has reported about the shelling of the Russian territory, the death of the Russian military and the attempt to break the sabotage groups prepared by the Ukrainian intelligence. “The attack was planned in the Crimea in the midst of the holiday season,” commented regional authorities.

In the Crimea taken additional security measures in places of mass stay of people. Enhanced protection of critical infrastructure and livelihood, tightened border regime on the border with Ukraine. Measures have been taken based on the information released by the Federal security service.

“Attempts were covered by massive attack from the neighboring States and armored vehicles of the armed forces of Ukraine”

Earlier on Wednesday, the FSB reported that in the Crimea were prevented acts of terrorism prepared by the Directorate of intelligence (Gur) of the Ministry of defense of Ukraine. Details are given in the report of the intelligence services, which States that the objects of the alleged attacks “were identified critical infrastructure and life support of the Peninsula”.

Now the situation on the Peninsula is calm, assured head of the Federal tourism Agency Oleg Safonov. “I just now are in the Crimea, I have today vacation. I can say that you have taken additional security measures in the Crimea, a lot of police and special forces, – said the head of the Federal Agency. – In the resorts, everything is calm, everything is fine. I am sure that our intelligence agencies will protect our citizens.”

As noted on Wednesday, the Minister of resorts and tourism of Crimea Sergey Strelbitsky, the Ukrainian leadership is any attempt to reduce the flow of his citizens who come to rest in the Crimea. “We have a growing number of Ukrainians who bought tickets and rest in sanatoria and health resorts and hotels, amounted to 138%. This is a very good performance,” – said the Minister.

“The attack was planned in the Crimea in the midst of the holiday season, and of course it was understood that civilians will die! Apparently, in the Ukrainian defense Ministry in the first place put planning of operations against the civilian population…” – said, commenting on the incident, Vice-Premier of the Republican government Ruslan Balbec.

“As a result of fire contact

“On the night of 6 to 7 August 2016 near the city of Armyansk, Republic of Crimea found a group of saboteurs. During the arrest of terrorists in the firefight, killed the employee of FSB of Russia”, – stated in the message released on Wednesday, the Federal security service of Russia.

At the scene of the clash was found 20 improvised explosive devices with total capacity of more than 40 kilograms of TNT, ammunition and special means of initiation, regular antipersonnel and magnetic mines as well as grenades and special weapons, consisting on arms of special units of the armed forces of Ukraine, said the FSB.

In addition, “in the night of August 8… the special forces of the Ministry of defense of Ukraine was carried out two attempts of a breakthrough sabotage and terrorist groups.”

“Attempts were covered by massive attack from the neighboring States and armored vehicles of the Ukrainian armed forces. During the firefight, killed a soldier of the Ministry of defense of Russia”, – stated in the message of the FSB.

“Dead – FSB officer, the commander of the force support operations, and a paratrooper from the army covering the border – really saved the Crimea from big trouble,” – says in the entry on the page in Facebook the head of the Crimean Bureau of NTV Oleg Kryuchkov.

Border on the lock

Note that on Sunday, August 7, was temporarily closed all checkpoints on the Russian-Ukrainian border in the Crimea.

The checkpoint “Armyansk” (“Kalanchak”) was completely blocked for two days, this paragraph does not permit the passengers either in the Crimea or on the territory of Ukraine. At a checkpoint “Perekop” (“Chaplynka”) was carried out with a pass only in the direction of the Crimea. The checkpoint “Dzhankoi” (“Chongar”) were blocked on Tuesday for a few hours, and then resumed work.

Zaporozhets beyond the Perekop

According to the FSB, “the measures taken on the territory of the Crimea Peninsula liquidated a network of agents of the main intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of defense of armed forces of Ukraine. Detained persons from among citizens of Ukraine and the Russian Federation, assisting in the preparation of terrorist acts, who give grateful evidences”.

According to the FSB, one of the organizers of the prevented acts of terrorism is Panov Evgeniy Aleksandrovich 1977 year of birth, the inhabitant of the Zaporozhye area, the employee Gur of the Ministry of defense of Ukraine. Ukrainian security forces detained and gives grateful evidences, said the press service of the Ministry.

The purpose of prevented in the Crimea of the sabotage was to destabilize the socio-political situation in the region during the period of preparation and holding of elections in September this year.

“Ukraine does not capture its territory”

The representative of the Ukrainian intelligence, not surprisingly, refused to recognize an attempt to break the soldiers of the armed forces of Ukraine in Crimea. Adviser to the head of the security service of Ukraine Yuriy Tandit, according to “Interfax-Ukraine”, stated that “Ukraine does not capture and does not return with force to its territory and will not do it.”

Press Secretary of the General staff of VSU Vladislav Seleznyov called a “provocation” statements about the direction of intelligence of the Ministry of defense of subversive groups in the Crimea.

“Still no video evidence, already hysterical. Real Ukrainians! To give up their forces” – commenting on statements of the Ukrainian security forces, said the head of the NTV office in the Crimea Oleg Kryuchkov.

“A terrorist entity”

Note that the previous power structures of the Ukrainian state was not under suspicion of organizing terrorist attacks. It was only about “personal initiative” of the Ukrainian or Crimean Tatar nationalists.

Recall that a year ago, Director and activist of the Crimean “Automaidan” Oleg Sentsov was sentenced by the North Caucasus district military court to 20 years in prison on charges of organizing terrorist acts in Simferopol, Sevastopol and Yalta. Accomplice Sentsov, Alexander Kolchenko received 10 years. According to investigators, a group of whales was associated with the banned in Russia as extremist organization “Right sector*”.

Open calls to arrange in the Crimea, acts of terrorism and sabotage was one of the organizers of the energy blockade of the Crimea oligarch Lenur islyamov. One of the stages of the siege was corruption and the undermining of the power lines. On the night of November 22 last year before the damaged supports of power transmission lines were blown up again. Crimea was left without electricity. Later the power was partially restored in the Republic was introduced emergency mode.

In early August, the Crimean Prosecutor’s office in absentia brought accusation Islyamova in creating in the South of Ukraine near the borders of the Crimea armed formation “of the Crimean Tatar volunteer battalion, the name of Noman Çelebicihan”.

In late June, Vice-Premier of the Crimean government Ruslan Balbec said that islyamov was preparing a diversion in the Kerch Strait, but the attempt to interrupt the ferry service with the mainland Russia failed. This operation was planned at the beginning of June, but at the last moment was disrupted for technical reasons: from-for breakages of one of the ships, which under the guise of a fisherman was out at sea and perform an operation to block the Strait. “Islyamov has once again confirmed its terrorist essence”, – said Balbec.

Just food and energy blockade of the Crimea stood three people. In addition Islyamova’s Deputy of the Verkhovna Rada Mustafa Dzhemilev and leader of the banned in Russia, the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov. And Dzhemilev and Chubarov declared Russia on the international wanted list.

Additional obligations

“We will work on them with the warning (terrorist threats) and to them (the attacks) to avoid. With regard to the security situation in the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol, it was and remains high. No permit to carry out terrorist acts, no matter how carefully they are neither ready,” – told RIA “news” the head of the Duma Committee on CIS Affairs Leonid Slutsky.

According to him, the return of the Crimea and Sevastopol in the home port imposes upon us additional obligations to ensure the safety of the residents and guests.” “The Federal security service has confirmed its reputation as one of the strongest intelligence agencies in the world given the high season and finding a large number of citizens of Ukraine on the territory of the Republic. We will continue this work, I mean Russia, the Russian special services,” – said the MP.

* Organization in respect of which the court accepted entered into legal force decision on liquidation or ban the activities on the grounds stipulated by the Federal law “On countering extremist activity”

Related posts:
"The defense Ministry advised the Pentagon to "be calm""
"Against the rebels": as in the state Duma discussing the creation of the national guard
The IOC can completely remove Russia from the 2016 Olympics
Expert: the future President of Uzbekistan will make friends with neighbors

Recommended

More Stories From Politics