During searches on the case about the smuggling of alcohol from the head of the Federal customs service (FCS) Andrei Belyaninov found 10 millions of rubles and hundreds of thousands in the currency, reports TASS. About the features of the smuggling of alcohol we asked to speak to the Director of the research Center for Federal and regional market of alcohol Vadim Drobeta
– What is the difference of smuggled alcohol from illegal, adulterated and counterfeit?
– Illegal alcohol — is alcohol, which are not paid the excise tax. There are products adulterated. For example, on a bottle of “Soviet champagne semi-sweet”. You can neither taste nor smell it from the original indistinguishable, but it is not the fact of what should be according to GOST. Counterfeit is a counterfeit of the famous brand. For example, “Hennessy” produced in almost every regional center. Fake and well-known brands of rum and gin. And smuggling is products that illegally crosses the border. It can buy abroad and transport without paying customs duty. There is another channel of smuggling through Duty-Free, such as alcohol on the documents should be in Duty-Free to import and sell in the market.
What are the statistics on the smuggling of alcohol?
– Market whiskey, for example, the difference between imports and import 20-25%. That’s 10 million liters per year approximately.
– Businessman Dmitry Mikhalchenko arrested in the case, found hundreds of bottles of Courvoisier exclusive cognac, 1912. Can we assess their value?
– Talk about a few containers — it’s crazy numbers and crazy money. For a hundred years, the alcohol became a luxury product luxury consumption. Why in such cases do the smuggling? To avoid paying huge customs duties.
– What is the role of the customs service can be in this process? She just has to close his eyes?