Today Shchusev architectural Museum as a tour guide for the first time was a robot “Alantim”. He spoke about the exhibition “Moscow metro — underground monument of architecture”. Correspondent “MK” has witnessed a momentous event for the Metropolitan art of life.
Photo: Natalia Akimova
The exhibition includes painting projects, metro stations, and even badges, postcards, photos and tickets from Museum archives and collections. Guests communicate with themselves robot that speaks using the underlying 400000 language modules. He not only takes on the role of a guide, but is able to joke. And his memory has a capacity of 1000 persons and the names of those with whom he meets.
Most of the exhibits — graphic design of the stations. Small place cards, badges, documents and insignia from the collection of the senior inspector of fire protection Metro Gorokhov. Hang maps of the Moscow subway, some stations are attached to the tokens. In the end you will find a narrow black corridor, where one after another hanging screens – a kind of visual Museum. Here everyone can put on headphones and learn about the exhibition with luminous screens.
A conversation with Museum Director Irina Korobina after the tour:
– Who’s idea was it to replace human robot?
Is the development of the Moscow technological Institute (MTI). The idea is to replace human robot… maybe Isaac Asimov or Hg wells. The idea is not new. Friends and colleagues from MIT has developed such a robot that can conduct tours. Our Museum has a reputation for cultural venues, open to innovation, so they went with his idea to us.
– What is so special can make a robot that not humanly possible?
– I think that it is possible to pour boiling water and, maybe, he’s not shrinking. Probably, the device can give the child: it is made in the form of barnacles. The man can hardly on his knees to crawl with the baby. I don’t know if he has a strong plastic but it should withstand all sorts of physical effects that are not humanly possible.
Is the idea justified?
Robots can’t compete with people. We have more and more visitors. They want to discover and at some point the Museum will no longer cope. So we turned to the robot.
– And to complete your collection plan?
– Judging by the resonance, which has caused our experience with the “Alunimum”, then Yes. We’re generally open to innovation. And it’s not the only innovation in our Museum. Autumn will present a joint “Google” the project of the Moscow metro. He will continue this exhibition. However, we understand that any Museum — a place where there are cultural values that are time-tested. In order to meet the demands of time, should be left to experiment. The Museum, willing to experiment has a future.Related posts: