photo: Gennady Cherkasov
On Tuesday 12 July from 5.00 to 5.30 Moscow time 12 long-range bombers Tu-22M3 inflicted pinpoint strikes on ISIS bases in raqqa and Deir-ez-Zor. A little later, from 9.00 till 9.40, the Russian strategic missile carriers Tu-160 and Tu-95MS fired on terrorist positions 34 cruise missiles.
Judging by messages of news agencies, in an air RAID destroyed a large number of extremists, military equipment, several ammunition depots and a large field camp of the militants.
It is noted that long-range bombers have been in the air for more than 5 hours, covered the distance of 4.5 thousand kilometers. A strategic missile in flight was 8 hours 20 minutes.
The details of operation conducted by defense Minister Sergei Shoigu reported to President Vladimir Putin in the National control centre defense of the Russian Federation. From the center of the head of state contacted the command of the cruiser “Moscow”, located in the Mediterranean sea and gave the command “as allies to work together with the arriving of the French aircraft carrier”.
Apparently, the world has realized what a threat terrorists pose to the Middle East. Even NATO recognized that Russia acted correctly, warning the coalition about the time of the operation, and air corridors..
Effective air strike is a signal that probably heard those, for whom it was intended, – said the Senator Franz Klintsevich.
– In Syria is a real war and, unfortunately, there are losses, sometimes our soldiers are dying, – says “MK” air strike is a military expert, chief editor of the magazine “national defense” Igor Korotchenko. Today there are fighting the best pilots of the military space forces of Russia. A massive attack on militant positions, in my opinion, this is retaliation for the recent deaths of two of our pilots. It was a blow to the areas where the militants shot down the helicopter with a Russian crew. I believe that these gangs not a stone remained.
– In the Network there are reports that long-range bombers Tu-22M3 strategic bombers Tu-160 and Tu-95MS bombers were first used not only in Syria, but generally in combat, which is a sort of baptism of fire…
– No, these machines were used in the early stages of the Syrian campaign, and then took “a break”. They are deployed at airfields in the country, on a combat mission flew on the agreed air corridors.
– Apparently, the Tuesday of the strike is not limited?
– All decisions on the operation accepted after a careful study of the survey data. In addition, in the combat zone are our drones. Then plan an air strike specified with the General staff of the armed forces of Syria.Related posts: