North Korea has produced a new launch of a ballistic missile from a submarine. The launch was carried out at 11:30 local time off the East coast of the country in the direction of South Hamgyong province. Such launches dramatically violate UN security Council resolution.
As reported by the South Korean Yonhapnews Agency citing the joint chiefs of staff of South Korea, at 11:30 Saturday morning, the DPRK launched ballistic missiles aboard submarines to the South-East of the port city of Shinpo.
In a brief report, the South Korean military says that the actual emissions from the submarine missiles were normal, but her mission was unsuccessful. The missile did not reach the territorial waters of Japan.
The launches of ballistic missiles of the DPRK are a direct violation of the resolutions of the Security Council of the United Nations, including the firing of missiles “Musudan” on June 22 and last run.
According to the South Korean military, the last launch ended with the explosion of the rocket at an altitude of about 10 km and the Missile flew only a few kilometers to the alleged explosion, they said.
South Korea’s military also said that North Korea has made progress in the initial phase of ejection of the missile from a submarine. According to them, the DPRK will be ready to put the missiles on duty for three years, when it will be able to achieve the targets.
It is also worth noting that the launch occurred the next day after Seoul and Washington announced the agreement to place South Korea high-tech missile defense to counter nuclear and missile threats from North Korea.
We will remind also that earlier in the week, the US imposed direct sanctions against the DPRK leadership, including Kim Jong-UN for violation of human rights. Pyongyang, commenting on the US move, called it “crossing the red line”.
Sanctions . Chronicle of eventsRelated posts: