Less years it took Russia to break the power blockade of the Crimea, organized by the Crimean Tatar Mejlis with the support of local nationalists. Wednesday launched the fourth and last thread of a bridge across the Kerch Strait. According to energy Minister Alexander Novak, now the Peninsula is fully provided with electricity. President Putin participated in the launch via video link from Sochi, said that Russia is able to break through any blockade.
photo: Gennady Cherkasov
Novak recalled: new thermal power plants in Sevastopol and Simferopol will start working in the fall of 2017. And stressed that the work to restore electricity are conducted well ahead of schedule.
Putin, in turn, congratulated employees with the success of the project and thanked all participants.
A state of emergency in the Crimea was established on November 22 of last year, after Ukraine had blown up the supports of two transmission lines, the transmission of Russian electricity to the Peninsula. So like a year and a half of being a part of Russia, local authorities did almost nothing to ensure its energy security, it had to urgently engage Moscow.
The first stage of the power bridge that gave the region of 200 MW, solemnly hooked on 2 December of last year Vladimir Putin, after another couple of weeks earned in the second thread, which is doubled the flow. A month ago, April 14, in the Crimea threw the third cable, which increased the power supply up to 600 MW. The current connection is terminated and increases the energy to 800 MW. All works were completed ahead of schedule in 13 to 17 months.
The head of Crimean Parliament Vladimir Konstantinov called the completion of the construction of a “historical event”, after which the head of the Republic Sergey Aksenov will cancel the emergency mode. The head of the Sevastopol Sergey meniailo said that this can be done after may 15.
The idea is that now outages in the Crimea should not be at all, because if we add to the bridge’s own power in the region, it is roughly 1,200 MW. To distribute the electricity throughout the Peninsula, Russia was built there power substation 500 kV new transmission line between substations of the Kuban and Taman. On further modernization of the power grids of the Peninsula has allocated 50 billion rubles.
Ukrainian radicals repeatedly offered to disrupt the construction of the power bridge. For example, the leader of the besieging Peninsula Lenur islyamov insisted on a naval blockade of the Crimea, to “civil society activists” on their boats to interfere with the conduct of the work. Ordinary Ukrainians think about the destruction of the cable with the signal coming from the “resonator” installed on the floats in the areas of construction ships.
And although nothing ever came of it, the last six months of the Crimean city were forced to live in the shadows.. To connect the third string on the streets was completely absent from the coverage, and after sunset it is safe to move around the city was only possible with a flashlight. Inside the houses there was light, but gave him on a schedule, and for each village, it was his. Until mid-April in Sevastopol, the light turns on 12 hours, Simferopol — for 16 hours in the cafe for 17 hours, in Alushta — 14 hours… But the periods of inclusion was spread on the day, so Crimeans had to sit without light and in the morning when you have to get ready for work, and in the evening when they came.
Such a luxury could not afford shops, hotels, schools, hospitals and authorities, so they are provided by mobile generators. Despite the fact that the first thing the authorities tried to supply electricity to large enterprises, only by the end of April one of the largest factories in the region, “Crimean Titan” was able to abandon mobile generators, said Minister of industry of the Crimea Andrei Vasyuta. The Minister stressed that the Crimean plants will take another year and a half to recover after the blockade. And for this you need to build the Simferopol and Sevastopol thermal power plants with a total capacity of 940 MW, the completion of which is planned for 2017-18 years.
During the siege only to enterprises of Simferopol was damaged totaling over 1 billion rubles, says the head of the city administration Gennady Baharev. And according to estimates of the chief Prosecutor of the Republic Natalia Poklonskaya, the total loss of the Peninsula has exceeded 2 billion roubles.Related posts: