At the meeting of state Council Presidium President Putin drew attention to the increasing number of victims-pedestrians and proposed to increase the responsibility for accidents at pedestrian crossings. “The education of drivers should go hand in hand with stricter penalties,” said the head of state.
What new punishment is to wait and how can be solved the problem of pedestrian accidents at crossings, we were told by the first Deputy Chairman of the Duma Committee on constitutional legislation Vyacheslav Lysakov (“ER”).
photo: Kirill Iskoldsky
– Do you also think that the penalties for drivers for failure to pass on Zebra crossings pedestrians should be toughened?
– Indeed, the decline in the number of accidents in recent year there is an increase in the number of pedestrian accidents at uncontrolled crossings, i.e. Zebra crossings.
This problem is quite acute, but not always in an accident, you can only blame the driver. After the responsibility for drivers has been enhanced (article 12.18 of the administrative code for failing to provide promised advantages in movement to pedestrians or other road users like cyclists fined 1,500 rubles – “MK”), pedestrians have become too careless.
Approaching the transition, they do not look around, walking with headphones in my ears, hear nothing, sometimes while talking on the phone… Pedestrians believed in their superiority on “Zebra”, which is correct. But they forget (or don’t know at all) that the rules of the road are allowed to go unregulated transitions only after the citizen will appreciate distance to approaching vehicles, their speed and make sure the transition is safe.
Victims of such accidents are usually become pedestrians, but not drivers…
– Yes, and technically really blame the driver, but the pedestrian needs to know and understand that the car has a braking distance, this is not a Mare that can stop instantly, and even then not always.
But the President instructed to increase the responsibility for pedestrian accidents, for drivers! What might it look like?
– All depends on how articulate the President’s order, the government (these instructions appear after each such meeting). I think I will need a set of measures, not only the adoption and development of laws. All documents should be developed of the batch, with the participation of concerned agencies like the Ministry of internal Affairs and transport ministries, be sure to discuss with civil society organizations. There are no straightforward solutions.
– You consider necessary to toughen administrative responsibility for drivers ?
– I believe that the drivers are current penalties sufficient. Maybe pedestrians should increase. (Now administrative code of the promises the pedestrian for infringement of traffic rules a warning or a fine of 500 rubles, the cyclist or the driver — a fine of 800 rubles, and the drunken cyclist or driver — from 1 thousand to 1500 roubles. If, as a result of traffic violations created or caused by interference of light or medium gravity harm to health of the victim — the penalty increases to 1 thousand — 1500 rubles. – “MK”). There have been proposals to prohibit pedestrians talk on the phone when crossing the street, but it is not serious, administer this measure, no one will. I have never seen anyone in the crosswalk who was fined pedestrians…
But some fines in any case not solve the problem. The desired explanatory, educational work, which we do little.
– Now before the state Duma there are bills on this topic?
– As far as I know, no.Related posts: