Go to ...

The Newspapers

Gathering and spreading news from various Russian Newspapers

The Newspapers on Google+The Newspapers on LinkedInRSS Feed

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

“The trade Union leader Mikhail Shmakov has suggested to leave without a pension 20% of Russians”

The Chairman of the Federation of independent trade unions Mikhail Shmakov called for the abolition of the payment of pensions to every Russian. In his opinion, which he expressed at the desktop at the Academy of labor and social relations, money the country simply is not enough to ensure the pensions of all those in need, so one size does not fit.

photo: Gennady Cherkasov

Mikhail Shmakov

Thus, according to Shmakov, quoting “Vedomosti”, 80% of Russians, who are employees of enterprises, should maintain the right to retire, but the remaining 20%, including freelancers, and creative professionals, as well as farmers, need to offer an alternative pension system. If they do not agree, may even be left without retirement pensions (Shmakov did not explain whether he is ready to leave minimum social).

Union leader supported by the head of Department of actuarial calculations PFR Arcady Solovev. He explained that a number of citizens — in particular, individual entrepreneurs pay much less taxes than wage earners, while claiming the same amount of pension. Solovyov thinks this is unfair, because 80% of people “have to share” with 20%.

Experts had already expressed concerns that in case of realization of such proposals will appear in Russia “13 million absolutely poor people.”

The idea did not comment on and “social” Deputy Prime Minister of Russia Olga Golodets, the representative only said that it’s all “theoretical reasoning”.

Recall that currently 40% of budget spending in Russia spent on pensions, and the number of retirees due to demographic pit in the coming years will only grow. Thus, the government virtually abolished the reform of the pension system’s annual “freezing” the pension, now faces a choice what to do with the pensions of Russians. One popular option is raising the retirement age.


Related posts:
"Who and what destroys best the Soviet automobile"
Ukrainian train, cleared the "silk road", got stuck halfway
Bankers expect courage from the Bank of Russia
Supreme court explained that to be considered an interest-free loan given against receipt


More Stories From Economy