The decision on the ceasefire in Syria that was adopted by the U.S. and Russia, which endorsed the Syrian opposition, really didn’t care for Turkey. The Prime Minister of the country Ahmet Davutoglu said that in the context of threats to national security, “Turkey will do what is needed”. Meanwhile, warplanes from Saudi Arabia will arrive to Turkish base on Thursday.
Prime Minister Ahmet davutoğlu in Konya commented on the joint statement the U.S. and Russia that provides for the beginning of the ceasefire in Syria on February 27. Previously this decision was supported by the Syrian opposition.
In Ankara, however, believe that the ceasefire, which is “valid for Syria, for the parties that are in the process”, Turkey is not concerned: “This truce is valid for Syria, for the parties that are in the process”.
“In the event of a threat to our national security, this truce does not impose on us obligations”, – said Davutoglu.
According to him, in this case, the situation “is beyond the scope of the Syrian problem,” and Turkey’s “no one asks permission, and will do what is needed”.
Against this background, there is information that military aircraft Saudi Arabia, sent for participation in the air operation against the militants (banned in Russia) LIH, will arrive at the base of “Incirlik” in Turkey on Thursday or Friday. According to the Turkish foreign Minister, Mevlut Cavusoglu, “staff from Saudi Arabia has arrived”.
Earlier, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had supported the agreement reached on a ceasefire in Syria, but noted that it supports the regime of Bashar al-Assad.