Go to ...

The Newspapers

Gathering and spreading news from various Russian Newspapers

The Newspapers on Google+The Newspapers on LinkedInRSS Feed

Saturday, March 17, 2018

“86% of the readers of Twitter, the Russian foreign Ministry turned out to be robots — service Internet monitoring”

Popular Russian microblogger Sergey Guryanov (@Segozavr) undertook a review of the official account of the Ministry of foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation on Twitter (@MID_RF) and found that 86% of its readers — robots.

photo: morguefile.com

At first microblogger confused by the fact that the huge audience of the account of the Foreign Ministry — more than a million people — has no effect on the popularity of the records Department.

As noted Guryanov, “the average number of retweets their “news” — 10 of them, 50% bots”.

“Fake ACC”, — concluded the blogger and unsubscribed from him.

Stopped reading @MID_RF. When the number of readers 1 million, the average number of retweets their “news” – 10 of them, 50% bots. Fake ACC.

— Sergey Guryanov (@Segozavr) 25 February 2016

After that, he revitol entry with the account analysis of MFA using the service twitteraudit, showing the ratio of “live” followers and bots. The service bases its work on the basis of “a random sample of 5000 subscribers of a particular user and calculates a score for each follower. This estimate is based on the number of tweets, date of last tweet and ratio of followers to friends”.

The creators of the service say, that their “method of assessment is not ideal”, but is a good way to identify a sharp increase in the number of subscribers to “fraudulently or dishonestly”.

The result of the analysis and data become final on account of Mead: real, “live” his readers were only 14%, or 132,734 user. The remaining 86% (829,109 users) considered service robots.

@Segozavr 132 thousand readers of the real, the rest bots.https://t.co/eckKUxg1DV pic.twitter.com/uKYqbmVCKQ

— The cat Matroskin (@_MATPOCKuH) 25 February 2016

Recall that the “86%” became a meme after the VTSIOM published an opinion poll according to which Russian President Vladimir Putin was supported by 86% of Russians. Subsequently, this figure only increased.

I should add that the humorous account “of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Roissy” (@Fake_MIDRF) 164 thousands of readers monitoring service showed 71% of actual subscribers.


Related posts:
Hollande, Merkel and Poroshenko discussed the situation in the Donbass
What is behind the appeal Savchenko "forget about Crimea"
Trump has twice proposed to reduce the income tax
Automaidan staged a skirmish near the house of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine


More Stories From Politics